World of Warcraft: Shadowlands may just be the jolt of life
  • Vote Up0Vote Down venynxvenynx
    World of Warcraft: Shadowlands may just be the jolt of life I need to jump back in

At this point World of Warcraft has been a part of my life for something like 12 years. That's considerably less than some folks out there who, ya know, have been playing the game since it came out - people who actually have an opinion about Vanilla. However, even though I'm a little Wrath baby, I've been playing the game off-and-on long enough to need some pretty major breaks, and also to have some pretty heavy nostalgia for the "good old days." To get more news about buy wow classic tbc gold, you can visit lootwowgold official website.

It's no secret that Battle For Azeroth has caused some divided opinions over the last couple of years, and I'm definitely one of the people that got burned out by the incessant need to run Island Expeditions every week to maximize my Artifact Power if I wanted to do any high-end endgame content.

But when the initial trailer dropped and showed Sylvanas absolutely wrecking the Lich King, I have to admit that my interest was piqued. In the time that passed since then, however, I have succumbed to Final Fantasy XIV, and the appeal of Shadowlands started to disappear. The whole aesthetic of vampires appeals to me on a deep level - probably because I watched too many movies as a kid. I knew ahead of time that zones in the Shadowlands area would have new factions called covenants, and that the Venthyr covenant would adopt a vampire aesthetic. But it was so abstract when I first learned about it that "gothic vampire crew" didn't really register for me like it should have.

However, when World of Warcraft Game Director Ion Hazzikostas hosted a developer update on World of Warcraft Shadowlands, he introduced some of the unique game mechanics that members of each covenant can take advantage of.

Throughout your time with World of Warcraft Shadowlands, you'll be earning renown to restore your chosen covenant back to their prior standing, as you'll find out that time hasn't been kind to, well, any of them. This means you're going to unlock new abilities, locations, questlines and more, which will keep people coming back again and again. But I'm not really interested in any of that.

Instead, Ion Hazzikostas also talked about Covenant Sanctums, saying that each Covenant has their own unique feature. For Venthyr - the covenant that I'm almost certainly going for - you get access to the Ember Court, where you can throw a party. Vampire goth parties are now a thing in World of Warcraft, everyone, finally.

Don't worry if that's not a thing you're into, you'll by no means be required to do this. As Hazzikostas himself puts it "you're not going to defeat The Jailer by throwing the most badass party in the Shadowlands" - but I'm definitely going to try.

And in the back of my head I know that non-necessary side activities like this never get the amount of polish that, say, dungeons, raids or even world quests do. But hearing them described was certainly enough to get my attention back again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Who's Online (0)